Improve your quality of life
At Bridge Dental Clinic we want to restore your smile and get your confidence back., our dentures replace missing teeth, and improve your quality of life. This ie why we provide only the highest quality of dentures that are perfectly suited to you.
What are Dentures?
Dentures are a great and affordable solution to missing teeth and can be made from either acrylic or metal.
There are two types of denture – Full or partial:
- Full denture – used to replace all the natural teeth in your upper or lower jaw. They fit comfortably over your gums, so you can eat and speak with total ease and confidence.
- Partial dentures – fill in the gaps left by missing teeth and can be supported by your natural teeth with precision attachments or clips.
Getting Used to Your New Dentures
- Speaking: talking might feel a bit funny to start off with and you might need a bit of practice pronouncing certain words. You can speed up the process of adapting to your dentures by repeating tricky words and reading out loud. Within two weeks, you should find that you’re speaking as normal again.
- Eating: similarly, eating might take a bit of practice at first. Start with soft foods are necessary for a few days. Once your accustomed to chewing, you can begin to introduce more foods. Before you know it, you’ll be enjoying your usual diet!
- Soreness: you might have a little minor irritation when your dentures are first fitted, but this should ease quickly. In the meantime, we can relieve any discomfort by adjusting the surface of your denture to keep them comfortable as possible.
How are Dentures Fitted?
- Appointment 1:
Your dentist or clinical Technician will take some impressions of your teeth/gums to design your denture. The length of time it takes to create a denture will depend on your individual case. Be assured that at each stage, we’ll check the fit, bite and overall look of your denture to assure you’re 100% happy with your new smile. We will also help you choose the right shade of teeth before fitting the denture and providing professional advice on how to take care of it.