Dental Inlays & Onlays
The team at Bridge dental Clinic want you to feel happy and comfortable with your smile, which is why we offer the very best general dentistry treatments. Our inlays and onlays are designed to treat cavities, so that you can eat and drink without pain and smile with 100% confidence.
What is a Dental Inlay?
Dental inlays repair the large chewing surface on the back teeth, but we can also use them to treat large cavities.
If you decide that an inlay is the treatment for you, your Dentist will gently take an impression of your tooth so that our highly skilled talented dental technicians can create your bespoke inlay from either porcelain or gold (it’s totally up to you). In the meantime, you will have a temporary filling until your new inlay is ready to be fitted.
What is a Dental Onlay?
Dental onlays are just like dental inlays, but a bit bigger. We use onlays to repair cavities right in the middle of the chewing surface as well as the tooth cusps (those little pointy bits on your teeth).
Dental onlays are created in exactly the same way as dental inlays.
Benefits of Inlays and Onlays
- They look natural, so only you will even know they’re there
- They help to preserve as much as your natural tooth as possible
- They help to prevent staining on the teeth
- They’re very strong and durable
- They’re perfect for filling difficult cavities between the teeth
- They protect the teeth from plaque-causing bacteria by filling in cracks in the enamel