A dental hygienist is specially trained in the prevention and treatment of gum disease, which is the main cause of adult tooth loss and to give advice on all aspects of oral health.
Oral hygiene advice
- Demonstrate effective tooth brushing technique to remove plaque without causing tooth wear and receding gums.
- Discuss the latest oral hygiene products.
- Advice on the best aid to clean in-between teeth.
- Detailed explanation of periodontal disease.
- Oral hygiene instruction.
- Removal of plaque and hard (calculus) deposits.
- Discuss secondary factors that cause periodontal disease, for example smoking and diabetes.
- Discuss how periodontal disease could affect or complicate other health problems, for example heart disease.
- Discuss in detail the reasons for tooth caries and erosion.
- Give diet advice on how to reduce sugary and acidic food and drink.
- Advice on fluoride and apply fluoride varnishes to help re-mineralise early signs of tooth caries.
- Polish the teeth to remove food and drink stain.
- Help to change red and inflamed gums to a healthy pink.
- Stop gums from bleeding when brushing.
- Prevent teeth from becoming mobile and drifting.
- Prevent unpleasant tastes and bad breath by the damaging bacteria in the mouth.
- Treating and preventing periodontal disease
- Prevention of tooth decay (caries) and erosion
- Help you to have a clean and healthy mouth.
Our dental hygienists have the time to answer any questions you have on oral health.
Book your free no obligation consultation
We would love to hear from you. Either call us on 01332 916 351 or book online below.