A Dental Therapist carries out all of the duties of a Dental Hygienist plus a number of more complicated procedures. In some cases, they will work under the supervision of a dentist to help out with more complex treatments.
Their duties include:
- Undertake monitoring and screening procedures
- Preventing gum disease by removing tartar (bacteria) and polishing teeth
- Treatment of gum disease such as full mouth detoxification and disinfection
- Maintenance of gum in patients with gum disease susceptibility
- Take dental radiographs
- Apply topical fluorides and fissure sealants in order to reduce tooth decay.
- Restore and fill teeth in both adults and children.
Due to specialist management training our therapist treats and manages anxious patients, children and some special needs patients. The Dental Therapist is better able to treat children or dental phobics who are highly anxious about their treatment.
Our therapist is also available to provide dental whitening.
Book your free no obligation consultation
We would love to hear from you. Either call us on 01332 916 351 or book online below.