Direct Access – a quick way to keep on top of your tooth care
Are you looking for a Scale and Polish in the Derby area?
Here at Bridge Dental & Implant Clinic, we are proud to offer Direct Access Hygiene appointments with our certified dental therapists without a dental examination, meaning that it is even easier to stay on top of your oral health. With direct access, you can access some of our most common dental treatments at the same high quality we offer all of our patients, but without the need to wait for a dentist appointment. Read on to find out more.
What is a Dental Therapist?
A dental therapist is a bridge between a dental hygienist and dentist. Their role is to listen to the patient’s needs and discuss options that are available to maintain and demonstrate a healthy mouth, with both hygiene and restorative treatments. They can perform many different duties without the need for you to wait for a dentist to be available and help patients to take a more proactive approach to their oral health.
What can a dental therapist do?
Dental therapists are able to perform a variety of preventative and remedial treatments and procedures. These include:
- Undertake monitoring and screening procedures
- Prevent gum disease by removing tartar (bacteria) and polishing teeth
- Treatments for gum disease such as full mouth detoxification and disinfection
- Maintain healthy gums in patients with gum disease susceptibility
- Take dental radiographs
- Apply topical fluorides and fissure sealants in order to reduce tooth decay.
- Restore and fill teeth in both adults and children.
How does Direct Access work?
Here at Bridge Dental & Implant Clinic, we recognise that some of our patients struggle to schedule in with a Dentist beforehand. We’ve introduced Direct Access to ensure that no matter how busy or unpredictable your lifestyle may be, you don’t need to miss out on dental care.
- Direct Access does not need a prescription from a Dentist.
- Our Therapist Nagina and Dani welcome patients who just want a scale and polish
- Our Therapists are highly skilled and will discuss your concerns if any.
To find out more about Direct Access or book an appointment today, call now on 01332 916351.